5.22.2007

boston day three

today was a fabulous day at the convention. the sessions seemed much more applicable to my business and i even did a bit of networking. i also picked up some fun little trinkets for the kiddos from some of the exhibits. i'm sure they will be excited about the things i plan to bring them. i didn't get to talk to them tonight, they were already in bed when i called. i miss the little buggers already and will be happy to see them on saturday. i bet it will only take me a few hours before i am ready to leave again though! : )

i met up with my friend K again tonight after the conference. we went to a cute little restaurant down by the harbor. there is NOTHING like fresh seafood. it was incredible. fantastic. awesome. my mercury levels are going to be severly elevated by the end of my trip here, but i don't care. it was amazing. i also had a strawberry daquari and the best sangria ever. because i am such a lightweight, i was feeling pretty warm and fuzzy by the time dinner was over, which definitely helped in my decision to smoke not one, but three cigarettes thoughout the course of the night. i stink again, and my mouth tastes gross, but i don't care. this will be the last time i will smoke again in a long, long, long time. i enjoyed partaking in this "forbidden" fruit on this my last night of "freedom".

after dinner, K and i headed over to a divey little bar that sells $2 tap beers. i had two more drinks there and enjoyed some good conversation with K. she is one of those people that not everyone likes or "gets". she is jaded and cynical like i am. she is also very confident and knows what she wants. i know this comes across as arrogance to many people, and maybe it is. but i really have enjoyed my time here with her. she has been wonderful to me during my stay here, serving as tour guide, friend, cigarette supplier, transportation guru...she has been totally awesome. she LIVES the work hard, play hard philosophy like no one else i know. my experience here definitely wouldn't have been the same without her. she has hung out with me as little or as much as i wanted and has totally respected my desire for alone time. she is definitely a girl that is wise beyond her 25 years. it's been really fun talking with her.

the bf is arriving here tomorrow afternoon. i have mixed feelings about it. part of me feels like i still need more time alone. this stay has gone so fast! i wouldn't be opposed to another day or two of "me" time. my visions of me sitting on the beach, staring at the water and contemplating life never really materialized. perhaps i will have to save that for a solo trip to duluth or grand marais this fall, becuase i have a feeling i will be taking solo trips a lot more often from here on out, if i can swing it.

not sure when i'll be updating you all on tomorrow's bf reunion, it tends to be a bit difficult to blog with the bf around. i have never let him read this blog or told him the name or address. i'm sure he could find it if he wanted to, being a tech guru and all, but so far he has respected my blogging privacy.

goodbye for now, hopefully i will have wonderful news of a romantic reunion soon! if not, i will at least have a tale of wild, passionate, sex...which is probably better anyway, right?

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Cocktails... that'll a lead a former smoker to smoke every time. :(

Yay, for hot, wild sex! We'll know it was good when we don't hear from you in a day or two. That likely means you're still recuperating.

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

cocktails and being away from everyone who knows you...not a good combination for an ex smoker, for sure!

t-minus one hour and the bf's flight is due in. as you said, hopefully i will not be updating again for a while! ; )

BigBottomMcGee said...

I miss you! Have some great "I missed you" sex, and I want details of the rest of the trip when you get back! Hope you can make it over Monday afternoon!