5.17.2007

root canal part II and other good news...

so today i went and had my root canal finished up. it took two hours! and it was just as horrible as the first visit. plus it's costing me boatloads. i wonder if i should just have them all yanked out and get dentures? okay, maybe not, they aren' that bad, but i HATE spending my money on getting tortured in the dentist's chair for hours on end. i had expected i would be able to go back to work, but i look like i am paralyzed on the left side of my face and i don't feel like being the butt of jokes there, so i'm working from home this afternoon. i'm in pain, but no vicodin for me today. just good old fashioned advil, once i'm sure i won't swallow my tounge trying to take it. i'm still pretty numb.

bf and i sort of made up last night, but there was no dirty fun involved, and things were definitely not back to normal. then today he got mad at me again when he came home for lunch. i was giving him crap for having a photo of an ex girlfriend in our photo file on the computer. i said it in a kidding tone, or so i thought. but perhaps it didn't actually come out that way. and now we're in a heated im conversation. i'm not good at fighting. i never really have been. it makes me want to curl into a ball and cry. and i'm generally not a wimpy or emotional person.

why do i write such detail about our fights? no one else does! i guess i find it oddly therapuetic, to blog about my problems, to "air my dirty laundry" so to speak. then i am usually embarassed when i go back and read them later.

honestly, i would rather be writing about things that are funny.

3 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

This is gross, but we don't fight.
Really.
I know it sounds boring, but it isn't.
We have, at points, but there hasn't been need to for a long time.
We're disgustingly happy like that.

I fight vicariously through others.
please, don't stop!
XO

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

omg, you totally just made me cry, laugh and then choke on my own saliva with that commen wm!!!!

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

um...make that comment, not commen. lol.