5.17.2007

three, two, one...blast off!

three days from now i will be heading off to boston on my very first solo flight. i will be staying alone in a strange city for three days. i will be getting my very first glimpse of the ocean. as i listen to my kids fighting in the bathroom right now, i look forward to all this with great anticipation.

truly, this couldn't come at a better time for me. the bf and i have gone through another rocky patch. definitely not as severe as past ones, but rocky nonetheless. i have been craving alone time, and i am finally going to get it!

the trip is for work, and i am flying out early sunday morning. my conference goes from monday-wednesday. then, the bf is flying out to meet me on wednsday to stay two nights - a mini-vacation for the two of us. after my three nights of alone time, i'm sure i will be very happy to see him. it such a great feeling, seeing someone again after missing them for a while. because the old cliché is true really, absence does make the heart grow fonder.

1 comment:

Maurey Pierce said...

Have a blast!! It's always been on my list, but I've never gotten that far east.