5.20.2007

solo

i love traveling. i love traveling even when it means i have to get up at 3:00 am after three hours of sleep to drive my rental car 1.5 hours to the airport. in the rain. alone. blissfully alone. with the radio cranked and singing at the top of my lungs to whatever the hell i feel like listening to.

i cried when i dropped off the kids yesterday. i cried when i left the house and the bf this morning. i'm weird like that. i was very much looking forward to this trip and to the alone time, but i always have problems with saying goodbye to my loved ones. i'm fine now. i miss them all, but i'm enjoying this time in a new city on my own.

right now i am hanging out on my king sized hotel bed, apple ibook on my lap and my ipod singing in my ears. i talked to the bf a little bit ago. he misses me. he didn't expect to miss me so much. that feels nice. i miss him too, but i wouldn't change this. i need this. we need this. it is good.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Absolutely!

Imagine the great sex you & bf will have when you come back...um I mean how great your homecoming will be :)

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

the bf is actually meeting me out here on wednesday afternoon and we are going to spend a couple of days seeing the sites. i definitely think our reunion will be a good one. *wink*