6.05.2007

narcoleptic?

i just ditched a meeting a few minutes early. even though my bosses were there. because i couldn't stay awake. not because i didn't get enough sleep last night. i got my usual 6-7 hours or so. oh no, it's because the leader of the meeting bored me to tears. at least i think that's what it is. or maybe i'm narcoleptic?

"The main characteristic of narcolepsy is overwhelming excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS), even after adequate night time sleep. A person with narcolepsy is likely to become drowsy or to fall asleep, often at inappropriate times and places. Daytime naps may occur with or without warning and may be physically irresistible. These naps can occur several times a day."

i do seem to have this problem during certain meetings. and it's always the worst early in the week, and almost always in the afternoon. my eyes start to burn, my head gets heavy and i feel myself nodding off. kind of like i am now, maybe i'll just crawl under my desk for a few minutes ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Amen to that (a midday nap)!

Down with the pointless boring meetings that bring out DDG's narcoleptic tendencies... and mine for that matter.

Whiskeymarie said...

I sleep enough and I get that way too. Usually at really strange times. Like when I'm laying on the couch, watching t.v. turned down real low...
Well, I guess it's all starting to make sense now.

I'm not narcoleptic.
I'm just lazy.