4.13.2007

off to a great start...

i have the day off today. i was supposed to go on a trip to see my bff in kansas city, but the trip got canceled due to her very pregnant state. she needs to be on bedrest as much as possible. so, i am left at home to my own devices. i'm sad i won't get to see her, but i will be driving down there as soon as i get the okay after her baby is born!

today it is absolutely gorgeous outside. not a cloud in the sky. temp around 50. i should be outside, soaking up every drop of that precious sunlight. but no. it's almost noon, and i am still in my pajamas. and my hair is a greasy mess. and i just had a cookie. for lunch. while i listen to my cranked itunes. and the dog chews up her toys at my feet.

i have a to do list a mile long. maybe i'll knock a couple off this afternoon. or maybe not. i have an appoinment with good friends, peach margaritas, chips and salsa at 5:30. and i don't want to be late.

* * *

"come back to texas! it's just not the same since you went away. before you lose your accent, forget all about the lonestar state. there's a seat for you at the rodeo and i've got every slow dance saved..."

No comments: