3.26.2007

today i start...

today i start my get in shape again/weight loss plan. i admit it...i let things lapse over the winter. i ate whatever i wanted. i drank whatever i wanted. my running habit dwindled away to nothing. now i am left with an extra 8-10 pounds of winter flab.

the lovely sixes in my closet have remained folded and unmoved for months. it is unfortunate that all of my spring clothes are, you guessed it, sixes. and even more unfortunate that i oh-so-smartly got rid of all the larger sizes i wore as i transitioned down from my all time high of 12-14. i figured keeping only the smaller size would force me to stay on top of things. needless to say, this didn't work.

i refuse to go out and buy a wardobe of spring clothes in a larger size. i won't do it. i can't do it. really. instead i will get my butt outside for walks and activities with the kids after work. i will start running again. i will do my strength training tape with that annoying bitch, denise austin.

i will make it happen!

4 comments:

Maurey Pierce said...

Congrats & good luck! Keep me posted - it's inspiring to hear how others are doing. Keeps me motivated!

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

i have the nike/nano combination and became absolutely addicted to tracking my distances and times. i can't wait to get back into it!

BigBottomMcGee said...

Oooh.. I really want to get those nikes. I don't think I've gained any weight recently, but would still like to lose 10 pounds or so! We can be accountable to each other!

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

the nike combination is SO worth it. i highly recommend it! now i just need to work on my playlist!