2.05.2007

what we did

well, we didn't end up going to the function on friday. bf decided he just didn't want to take the chance. that was fine by me. after work we headed out of town for the two hour trek to my mom's house. the ride there was very nice, we stopped for dinner along the way and had some great conversation. it was perfectly stress and child free. we spent the night at my mom's and then bf had to work all day on saturday. i got to pretty much lounge around and read all day...one of my very favorite pastimes! we had dinner with my parents that night before we left for home. then sunday was the big poker party! there were about 24 people playing in all. i had two major goals for my day as a beginning poker player: #1 - Don't be the first one out. #2 - Don't go out before the bf. I ended up at the "loser" table at the end, but i did meet my two goals! the bf and i both had a good time despite the fact that our pockets were considerably more empty then when we had started! we headed home to watch the superbowl and wait for my kiddos to get home from their weekend visit to their dad's. we both took off today and we were looking forward to a day of just "hanging out", with no work talk allowed! we stayed in bed till noon then got up and went shopping and spent a good two hours at barnes and noble. bliss! there has been virtually no fighting the last few days. just a few little snaps here and there. it has been wonderful! i haven't had any "freak outs" and have basically been able to push those negative thoughts out of my mind any time they tried to creep in. i don't know if we could have had a more perfect weekend.

No comments: