1.23.2007

bf saves the day!

yesterday i woke up in a horrible mood. not horrible, crabby, but horrible, hopeless. my favorite co-worker is out of town, which makes work suck more than ever. i was dwelling on the cheating and generally not feeling like i wanted to be around the bf at all. all i wanted to do was crawl into bed and stay there forever. my morning slowly deteriorated until all i could think about was curling into a ball under my desk. the bf had stopped down at my desk and told me he was going out with co-workers for someone's birthday lunch. fine. i really didn't want to hang out with him anyway. better to be alone and wallow in my sorrow. my phone rings at about noon. it's the bf. he is riding on his way to lunch with some woman co-workers. i was told it was supposed to be all guys, but whatever. the girls he's with are harmless (i think?) and really, i don't want to go. he asks me to meet them at the restaurant. i say no. he then proceeds to ask me another five times. (he didn't know girls were invited) i really don't want to go. he asks again. it will be fun, he says. right. but fine, i'll go. i drive the the restaurant feeling like sort of a dork, i'm going there alone and walking into a group of people i don't know all that well. bf has saved a spot for me and looks genuinely happy to see me. lunch turns out to be really fun. it helps to improve my mood. the bf and i go home and let the dog out together and act silly. my mood improves even more. we trade fun im's at work all afternoon. i'm feeling even better. we pick up the kids together after work, grab some groceries and then cook together very amicably. after the kids are in bed we um...well...have even more fun. i fall into a contented sleep. bf saves the day!

No comments: